Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Week 1

Bugger.

I should get a job (I think I overspent. Haha!)

I need to switch practicals with someone, pretty please? (I'm really hating the fact that I'm stuck with a friday 3 to 5pm slot because the monday one's full and no one wants to switch with me. It's also the only class I'll have on friday and also means I won't have a single day off which I'd previously thought i'd get.) Ive emailed the subject coordinator, the lecturers and even the student list but I've gotten no positive response. Sucks.

Every lecturer/coordinator I ask for help in adjusting the tutorial on my timetable directs me elsewhere and I keep going in circles and ending up nowhere. It's frustrating ): I've never found adjusting my timetable so hard before.

I'm selling my old textbooks from Year 1 & 2 to fund the 3 new textbooks I have to buy ($125, $200 and $100). I'm typing up a list of my old textbooks now to pin up on noticeboards and also registering the books for the bookfest run by the student union next week and selling them online too. I hope someone buys my books.

The bookshop conveniently forgot to order the new textbooks for one subject so everyone's fighting for the 6 copies in the library. There was supposedly one copy left this morning but I swear someone's hidden it so no one else can take it. Grr.

I've so far managed to wake up for my first three days of 9am starts :) Tomorrow's an 8am start. Taking science philosophy (a whole subject on Charles Darwin and evolution to be exact) as a subject was a mistake, but hopefully it'll pay off since its not exam based like all my other subjects.

Such is the life of a university student I guess, ugly timetables, expensive books and sleep inducing lecturers.

& I haven't been able to see my baby(s) more than 3 hours in over 48 hours :(

But there is one thing thats been good, great weather! :)