I'm warning, its going to be a long wordy post! (The paragraphs don't really connect too well and I believe I was pretty incoherant so I'm sorry if you get confused.)
--
First of all,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIOK !
Love, I hope you've had the greatest birthday ever and that you've been showered with all the love and presents imaginable. Happy 20th! :)
--
Its already September. Time flies huh? This past week has been busy, but not overly tiring. I don't go a day without my dose of a hot chocolate. Breakfasts at animal orchestra inbetween lectures have been a treat. I've been to my lectures and I've also taken to studying at brownless when I'm free! I've played poker at starbucks, had a cell steamboat on friday, bumped into a few ex classmates from home, watched No Reservations with trace last night. And not forgetting the dinner my mum cooked for the cell the week before. And of course, studying at home and spending lots of time with mummy.
It's been really really good having mummy around, and I miss her. She flew back to Sg yesterday and on wednesday both her and my brother are flying to Brunei, where my brother will also be spending his birthday, which was a change from her initial plans. Me and trace tried to convince her to stick with the flight date she had but something important come up that she had to go back for. So it's going to be mummy daddy and kor in Brunei but no tracy and tiffany ):
Uni has been a real struggle this semester, but I think I'm doing ok. I've been really stressed all semester, after realising I need to score an average of H1 for all my subjects or I won't be able to do some 3rd year core subjects. No core subjects = no graduation! But I'm not going to let it depress me because I believe I'll be able to do it if I try really hard.
On the up side (enough grumbling from me!), I've been trusted with the task of planning the spring break cell retreat, which I'm really excited about because I think its going great fun.
Earlier this year both me and my sister chose different churches to attend, Lygon COC for me and Planetshakers for her. Lately we've been encouraged and have been thinking of finding somewhere we can go together. We have a small list to try: Hope, Planetshakers, Life Ex and Hobsons Bay. Last week we tried Hope at North Kensington, who's pastor stays in the same building we do! The people were really really nice, and the sermon was good but I didn't quite feel comfortable despite their hospitality. Today trace brought me to Planetshakers and from the moment I entered I felt like I was at a rock concert, it was loud, mosh pit-ish and had very bright but pretty lights shining all over the room. It was captavating and I was sucked in by the atmosphere. And the people were great, but the church was a little huge for my liking and it felt like it'd be really easy to get lost and not know anyone. But I did enjoy myself, I even answered an altar call for rededication! But I've got a few more to try and I haven't ruled any out yet :)
If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the Lord and rely on your God. Isaiah 50:10b
I won't be writing here anymore until the break starts, which is in 2 weeks. I know I haven't spoken to a lot of people lately but I hope you've been great! Study hard and stay safe :)
Love
Sunday, September 02, 2007
Express train
at 21:46 Posted by Anonymous
Labels: Daily, Family, University, Verses